"I'm not a techy person, my mum signed me up. I love that here you combine creativity with technology. I really want to keep learning."Alba, Young Minecraft Enthusiast
NEW! Take your video game creation skills to the next level with this course dedicated to making multiplayer games using Roblox Studio. Challenge your friends in games you’ve made.
Making Multiplayer Games With ROBLOX – On Campus
_Pick your start date
Making Multiplayer Games With ROBLOX - On Campus
This product is currently out of stock and unavailable.jQuery('#hs_formcontainer').html(show_unavailable_product_request_form());
Learn how to create games that use the Roblox server features to create shops and multiplayer games
Create unique worlds and spaces with multiple games or areas accessible by portals!
We will show you how to make specific interactions using the Roblox programming language of choice LUA
Making Multiplayer Games with Roblox uses the Roblox Studio software and will take you through everything you’ll need to create a multiplayer environment with more than one game.
You don’t have to have any previous knowledge about Roblox as we’ll cover everything in this course but those who have taken our Making Games With Roblox course will find the scripting aspect of the course easier.
You’re going to learn about:
- Servers and how they are used in gaming
- High scores
- Player interactions
- The Lua scripting language
- Publishing your game
- Sharing your game
By the end of this course you’ll have a fully working multiplayer game that has a high score, shop and multiple games for your friends to play.
What your child will learn
- How to create worlds using the part editor and object picker in Roblox Studio
- Create multiplayer games with scores tracking
- Make an obby and a fighting game to sit in your world
- Learn LUA the scripting language used in Roblox Studio
- Learn how to test your multiplayer game on a local server
- Publish your games to the Roblox site so you can share them with your family and friends
- Learn what servers are and how they help in game play
Typical daily schedule
Plenaries and finish